Thursday, March 13, 2008

Just around the corner

What's just around the corner? Spring! This week we've finally gotten some warm days, and although the snow isn't entirely gone, it' s been banished from our yard, at least.

The buds on the pussywillow are starting to show just a hint of gray. That, and the fact that the dog comes in with mud up to his elbows tells me we're thawing out! And driving by a local lake this morning, I saw a pair of bluebirds sitting on a nesting box. The robins are back and staking out territory, and I heard a Great Horned Owl the other night.

No sign of any crocus or other bulbs peeking through the still-frozen ground. I keep telling myself that it's still early, but I'm ready for Spring!

2 comments:

Robin Bayne said...

I am ready for spring too!

Denise Patrick said...

Time to wake this blog up. What have you been up to this summer anyway? Now that the kids are back in school, can you come out and play again?

Anyway, you've been tagged. Check out my blog for instructions.