Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Winter Garden


This is the time of year that my fingers start to itch to get in to the garden. During Saturday's trip to the local home improvement store for some paint, I got sidetracked into browsing the display of seed packets, looking for something interesting.


Luckily, a couple of weeks ago, I came across some bulb kits on sale. My favorite for this time of year is forcing paperwhites. Easy as plopping the bulbs in a shallow container and adding water.

We are also fortunate to have a small, sunny alcove off the kitchen which is now the haven for all the plants I rescued from the garden. It's the perfect spot for the bowl of paperwhites. If you start now, you will most likely have blooms for Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Denise Patrick said...

You've been tagged for the MeMe game. Check out my blog for instructions.

http://denisesden.blogspot.com/